Imaging and Data Collection Modalities
APS offers cutting edge equipment and interventional techniques specifically designed for cardiovascular and peripheral vascular research. APS has four digital cardiac catheterization labs featuring the Siemens AXIOM Artis and Zee fixed C-arm platforms. By having four interchangeable cath labs, and offering the highest quality digital imaging possible, APS can accommodate your timelines no matter how large the study design or last minute the request. Furthermore, our in-house technical experts are among the most experienced interventionalists in preclinical research.
We feature dedicated Siemens Leonardo workstations in each cath lab for real-time quantitative coronary/vascular angiography (QCA/QVA) analysis and evaluation.
Quantitative angiography may be augmented by additional types of intravascular imaging, including optical coherence tomography (OCT), intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), and intracardiac ultrasound (ICE).
APS also operates its own dedicated picture archiving and communication system (PACS) server for storing and retrieving cases.
- Fluoroscopy (Siemens AXIOM Artis and Zee™ Digital Cath Labs (n=4), Siemens Avantic™(two) and GE OEC mobile c-arms)
- 3D Rotational Fluoroscopy
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) (Boston Scientific iLAB™)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) (Abbott Ilumien Optis)
- Intracardiac echo (ICE) and Ultrasound (St. Jude Medical Zonare, Philips iE33, Siemens Cypress II and Sequoia™)
- EP Mapping (Ensite Velocity)
- EP Recording (Boston Scientific LabSystem™ PRO)
- Dual Source Computed Tomography (CT) (Siemens Somatom® Definition)
- MicroCT (Optiv CT160)
Diagnostic Imaging Modalities through Partnerships
Through trusted partners, APS is able to offer additional diagnostic imaging and analysis. All work performed with our partners is contracted and supervised by APS's personnel. These partnerships give APS access to a network of experts to assist in study design and interpretation of results.
- MRI (Siemens Avanto 1.5T, GE Signa HDx 3.0T)